There are numerous compelling reasons to incorporate yoga into your exercise regimen. Yoga improves muscle tone, flexibility, and balance, as well as helping you relax and reduce stress, thanks to its signature pranayama breathing technique. Yoga practises have also been shown in studies to reduce stress, anxiety, depression, and chronic pain; improve sleep; and improve overall well-being and quality of life.
Are you willing to give it a shot? Yoga instructors recommend the following eight beginner Yoga Positions, known as “asanas.”
- Trikonasana – Four Limbed Staff – Chaturanga Triangle
- Bakasana Crow – Utkatasana Chair – Utkatasana
- Navasana – Boat
- Sukhasana (Easy Pose) to Relieve Stress
- Vrksasana (Tree Pose) to Improve Your Balance
- Cat-Cow Massage to Awaken the Spine and Relieve Back Pain